Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Let's lay it on the table boys!!!

We have talked about QB's, RB's, LB's, now let's get into some real debating....I know everybody loves to argue this one because it has always came up in the past....SO BEST LINCOLN TEAM EVER!!! It's just a shame that we have had enough great teams in the past to even debate about and we've never won a championship ring. We legitimately should have one or maybe even two. I don't think we realize what that would do for our school and our community. I would love to believe that we are always working toward that final season goal. One day, maybe sooner than we think...
I'll start it off with my pick...1990

8 comments:

BS said...

93 is my pick. The best player in the state was on the team.

black3 said...

89,93 and a team back in 81 who lost to Highlands in the region finals.

black3 said...

....the 81 team under D. Wooldridge was probably the best group of natural talent ever at Lincoln. They didn't have a weight lifting program or anything and still went undefeated through the regular season....

Anonymous said...

1988 very few weaknesses, the best in my book, 1992 got beat in the region finals but had a huge amount of talent.

Jon Logan said...

My info wouldn't cut and past very well in the comment section so I posted it above.

My opinion of the top 5 best teams:

1. 1981
2. 1988
3. 1990
4. 1979
5. 1993

runriot said...

1988 and 1993 are the 1 and 1A for me. 88 probably had more talent, but 93 got the most of what they had.
would add that I believe the 2006 team may go down in history as the most underrated team i have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

It would have to be 88. Only Lincoln Team ever to beat Danville.20-0 It was the year Death Valley got its name.

Anonymous said...

We need to talk about this one more... there have been some great teams in the past,