Monday, August 27, 2007

Calling all Patriots

I know some of the current Lincoln Patriots personally so I am going to call them out. Because I know them personally, I can say this. I know they want to win. I know they don't want to get pimp slapped like they did against Bell County. I know they have been working hard in the weight room. I know they have had to overcome some coaching changes. So I hope by knowing these things about these guys, I can say with confidence that last week's beating will prove to be the drive and motivation that they need to win this season. Keep that sting of blood in your eye and remember what it feels like to lose, then remember how good it feels to win. That motivation will help you later on in your future. Winners win in life, even long after you've finished playing in Death Valley. So here it goes...Rob, Chase, Skyler, Noah, Levi, Ryan, Devon, Cody, and anybody else I missed, I am challenging you to be winners. You have the chance to be heroes, if only on a small town atmosphere. Feeling like a hero is great even if it's on a local level. If you happen to be a big enough hero, then maybe it will spill over to the college level. You only get one chance to be in high school, so make the most of it. Don't look back on things with regret. Lay it on the line every Friday night with reckless abandon. Win on the field and you will win in life, I promise you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Pats look like the white colts vs. the Chicago Bears the other night. A total beat down, quite shameful.

By the way, what ever happened to the white colts?